Fireworks on July 3
The annual July 3 fireworks at Fort Meigs are a long-standing tradition in Northwest Ohio. While Fort Meigs has long been the place to view the fireworks, Fort Meigs Historic Site does not actually host the event. Below, you can find some helpful information and site rules to help ensure the evening remains enjoyable for everyone involved. Thank you for your compliance.
Rules and Information
- The fireworks are hosted jointly by the cities of Maumee and Perrysburg – not by Fort Meigs Historic Site.
- The Fort Meigs Memorial Bridge (Maumee-Perrysburg Bridge) will be closed starting at 8:00 p.m. July 3.
- The river-side parking lot at the end of Rapids Rd. will be closed leading up to July 3.
- The interior fort grounds are accessible after 3:00 p.m. on July 3
- There will be no public access to the Fort Meigs Visitor Center or buildings within the fort.
- The fireworks will commence at 10:00 p.m.
- Paid public parking is allowed in the Fort Meigs parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A fee of $10 per parking spot is due upon entry, cash only.
- The parking lot will be closed when full.
- Grass parking is dependant on weather.
- Parking fee proceeds are used for the care and upkeep of Fort Meigs Historic Site
- Food vendors are allowed to setup by invitation only.
- Any vendors without invitations will be asked to leave the property.
- The fireworks rain date is July 4.
- Pets must be on a leash AT ALL TIMES.
- Clean up after yourselves. Please leave our site better than you found it!
VOLUNTEER HELP REQUESTED
We seek volunteer help with site cleanup the morning after the fireworks. Staff will be in picking up trash at 9:00 a.m. on July 4. If you can assist with trash pickup, you’ll get free admission to our Independence Day 1813 event later that day. Sign up by calling 419-874-4121 or email us at [email protected]. Thank you!