The Great War
May 6-7, 2023
Examine the military make-up of the world’s armies 100 years after the War of 1812 and roughly 100 years hence.
The historically muddy ground of Fort Meigs is the ideal setting for re-creating the soupy trenches of World War I.
Please join us for a weekend of guest time period re-enactors for a garrison weekend. Weapons, uniforms, talks and tacticals all aimed at understanding a tremendous global conflict, the First World War.
Reenactors may register for this event by filling out the registration form below.
The Great War Re-enactor Registration Form
By registering you agree to follow these guidelines. Breaking the guidelines will result in expulsion from the event.
An asterisk ( * ) indicates a required field
- All participants must be pre-registered and part of a unit to attend. Walk-ins will be turned away.
- All participants should be prepared to take part in at least one scheduled activity each day of the event.
- Wood and water are provided and indoor restrooms are on-site.
- Straw and ice can be provided, within limits. Please indicate if you need straw and/or ice in the form below.
- Re-enactor check-in opens at 12:00 noon on Friday, . No one is permitted to begin set-up prior to this time, except sutlers.
Everyone age 16+ must check-in and sign the safety waiver at the registration area upon arrival.